Monday, March 23, 2009

farm girl reports

Looking back on my childhood in Connecticut, where I "worked" for my dad who sold milk, and eggs, and had a slew of horses and other animals, I realized that, especially lately, my life on the farm had a huge impact on what I am doing today. What I am doing right now is creating and editing paintings of farm life here in the Bay Area...with the eye to hoping that this phenomenom does not disappear from the Silicon Valley...which, after all, was originally the home of the apricot and cherry orchards and then some.

Some of my favorite farm lands are the Duveneck Ranch in Los Altos Hills, the Picchetti Winery in Cupertino, the Cooper-Garrod Stables in the Saratoga Hills, and various barns over in Half Moon Bay...hopefully I can soon post some pictures of my paintings.

YT,

Barbara von Haunalter

No comments:

Post a Comment